Collection of personal data
The personal information we receive from visitors to the Site include, but are not limited to, full name, job title, company name, postal address, email address, telephone number and website address. This information is obtained only when visitors voluntarily provide personal information, such as in the following situations:
- Subscribe to online/print newsletters and publications;
- Participate in online/print mailing list promotions or giveaways;
- Comment on blog posts, online portfolio posts or online discussions;
- Complete online/print/phone surveys, questionnaires or feedback requests;
- Book a phone, video or face-to-face consultation online;
- Register for premium online services;
- Register for events, seminars or workshops;
- Submit enquiries or requests for work; and
- Contact us for more information.
Collection of non-personal data
gina.digital also obtains non-personal information about visitors to the Site, which includes, but is not limited to:
- IP address;
- Browser type and language;
- Access time and duration on the Site;
- Country and region;
- Device type and operating system;
- Landing or exit page; and
- Referring website.
Use of data
When you provide personal information to gina.digital, we will use it for the purpose for which it was supplied to us, as stated at the point of collection (or as obvious from the context of collection).
gina.digital collects the minimum personal information required for us to complete your request or deliver the service/offering promised at the point of collection.
We may combine your personally identifiable information with information obtained from email campaigns to determine whether the email has been opened, and whether links within have been clicked on. This is to measure and analyse interest in our email campaigns, to improve our service offering to specific target audiences and to tailor our campaigns effectively.
We may use your personally identifiable information to contact you with information about our business, services, new products, events, and other information that we feel may be of interest specifically to you. You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time through the unsubscribe link in our communication to you.
The non-personal information we collect is for the purpose of measuring and analysing visitor traffic to the Site, and resulting trends, in order to improve our service offering and delivery, and review our digital strategy.
If you believe the Site has collected excessive information about you, please contact us to discuss your concerns.
Cookies are text-only pieces of information that websites transfer to a visitor’s computer or device for record-keeping purposes. They are used to make websites work more efficiently, to improve your viewing experience and to provide statistical information to the owners of the website.
- To assist us in providing a more personalised experience for visitors;
- To make navigation of the Site easier;
- To ensure efficient registration procedures;
- To allow the gathering and compilation of usage statistics and reporting through Google and other third parties;
- To analyse user activity in order to improve the Site;
- To store certain user preferences on the Site;
- To display targeted advertisements and customised promotional material; and
- To identify third party referrers to and from the Site.
Personal data collected by gina.digital may be disclosed to third parties (external suppliers, agencies, contractors, subcontractors or subsidiaries) for the purposes for which the visitor submitted the information and for the administration of our system or the Site and/or other internal administrative purposes. Personal data may also be transferred to third party service providers of database management, website hosting and management, data analysis, data backup, security and storage services.
By submitting data on the Site, you are providing consent to the transfer of such data for the fulfilment of your request or as set out in the “Use of data” section of this policy.
It is our policy to disclose information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- As required by law/legal process;
- For regulatory compliance purposes;
- When required to deliver publications, mailouts or other print/email marketing or reference materials;
- When required to facilitate conferences or events hosted by a third party;
- When handling customer support enquiries; and
- When processing transactions initiated by a visitor.
Third parties are permitted to receive/obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service. We take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
Third party links
Access to and correction of data
Visitor updates of information should be handled by going back through the registration process or clicking the link in our communications to update their subscription. Requests to have outdated information removed should be directed to email@example.com.
gina.digital is committed to providing reasonable and practical access to visitors to allow them the opportunity to identify and correct any inaccuracies. We do not, however, assume responsibility for verifying the ongoing accuracy of the personal information provided by visitors.
Visitors may request details of the personal information that we hold about them, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). We may refuse to provide the information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
If visitors believe that any information we hold is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us.
Contact information about visitors such as mailing list information is kept until a user unsubscribes to a publication or requests that we delete that information.
Should visitors choose to unsubscribe from mailing lists or any registrations, we will provide a link to unsubscribe from within the communication, or a visitor may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
gina.digital has implemented accepted standards of technology and security in order to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Only authorised staff are provided access to personally identifiable information, and these staff are bound by a written agreement to maintain the confidentiality of this information.
ABN 66 934 887 121
Updated 8 November 2017