1. of undisputed origin and not a copy; genuine.
“the letter is now accepted as an authentic document”
synonyms: genuine, original, real, actual, pukka, bona fide, true, veritable
antonyms: fake, spurious
- made or done in the traditional or original way, or in a way that faithfully resembles an original.
“the restaurant serves authentic Italian meals”
- based on facts; accurate or reliable.
“an authentic depiction of the situation”
synonyms: reliable, dependable, trustworthy, authoritative, honest, faithful
antonyms: unreliable, inaccurate
- (in existentialist philosophy) relating to or denoting an emotionally appropriate, significant, purposive, and responsible mode of human life.
- (of evidence or argument) having or likely to have the effect of proving a case; decisive.
synonyms: incontrovertible, incontestable, irrefutable, unquestionable, undeniable, indisputable, unassailable, beyond dispute, beyond question, beyond doubt, beyond a shadow of a doubt, certain, decisive, convincing, clinching, definitive, definite, positive, final, ultimate, categorical, demonstrative, unequivocal, unarguable, unanswerable, uncontroversial
antonyms: inconclusive, unconvincing
- (of a victory) achieved easily or by a large margin.
“a conclusive 5–O win”
synonyms: emphatic, resounding
1. relating to the identification of long-term or overall aims and interests and the means of achieving them.
“strategic planning for the organization [sic] is the responsibility of top management”
synonyms: planned, calculated, deliberate
- designed or planned to serve a particular purpose.
“alarms are positioned at strategic points around the prison”
2. relating to the gaining of overall or long-term military advantage.
“Newark Castle was of strategic importance”
- (of human or material resources) essential in fighting a war.
“a large strategic air force”
synonyms: essential, key, vital, crucial, critical, important
“Russia’s retention of strategic bases in the region”
- (of bombing or weapons) done or for use against industrial areas and communication centres of enemy territory as a long-term military objective.
“strategic nuclear missiles”
1. unusual; not typical.
“late claims will only be accepted in exceptional circumstances”
synonyms: unusual, uncommon, abnormal, atypical, extraordinary, out of the ordinary, out of the way, rare, singular, unprecedented, unexpected, surprising
antonyms: usual, normal
- unusually good; outstanding.
“a child of exceptional ability”
synonyms: outstanding, extraordinary, remarkable, unusually good, special, especial, excellent, phenomenal, prodigious
Get in touch
To book a consultation or make an enquiry, contact us today.